This competition is to motivate young students/researchers to develop entrepreneurial and business mindsets with their skills and training on sensor research and development.
Date: Tuesday November 1, 2022
Time: 1:30pm – 3:30pm CDT
Online Pitch Coaching Session
Date and time: 12PM CDT on October 28, 2022
Coach: Joseph Wei, Technology Ventures Group
Meeting link will be sent to the accepted participants
- A three-minute oral pitch presentation with four slides about a business idea based on the presenter’s research project(s).
- The first slide is for the title, presenter, affiliation and credentials. The other 3 slides focus on “the Problem”, “Solution(s)”, and “Expected Outcomes”.
- The teams can bring what they can carry
- Each team can have 1 or max 2 participants.
- Eligible for students, postdoctoral fellows, and young professionals (defined as within 15 years from B.Sc. degree by the IEEE YP program)
- One-page proposal should be submitted before Oct. 15, 2022. The proposal should include a project Title, the Problem, Solution(s), and Expected Outcomes.
- The judging and mentoring panel will consist of entrepreneurs and academic researchers.
- Best Woman-owned Business Pitch: $800
- Best Female Step Ahead Pitch: $800
- Best Innovation Pitch: $800
- Best Spotlight Pitch $800
- Best Impact Pitch: $800
- Best Transformative Business Pitch: $800
*A few participation awards may also be available
Dr. Shawana Tabassum, Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Tyler
Dr. Ifana Mahbub, Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Dallas
The competition is sponsored by Sensors Council WiSe and YP committees.
For inquiry, email: [email protected]