This competition is to motivate young students/researchers to develop entrepreneurial and business mindsets with their skills and training on sensor research and development.
- A three-minute oral pitch presentation with four slides about a business idea based on the presenter’s research project(s).
- The first slide is for the title, presenter, affiliation and credentials. The other 3 slides focus on “the Problem”, “Solution(s)”, and “Expected Outcomes”.
- The teams can bring what they can carry
- Each team can have 1 or max 2 participants.
- Eligible for students, postdoctoral fellows, and young professionals within 5 years of their terminal degree.
- One-page proposal should be submitted before Oct. 15, 2022. The proposal should include a project Title, the Problem, Solution(s), and Expected Outcomes.
- The judging and mentoring panel will consist of entrepreneurs and academic researchers.
- Best Woman-owned Business Pitch: $800
- Best Female Step Ahead Pitch: $800
- Best Innovation Pitch: $800
- Best Spotlight Pitch $800
- Best Impact Pitch: $800
- Best Transformative Business Pitch: $800
*A few participation awards may also be available
Dr. Shawana Tabassum, Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Tyler
Dr. Ifana Mahbub, Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Dallas